Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I round a formula result to the next integer?

I'm doing formula linking two worksheets together and, once the result is
found, I need to round to the nearest integer by 5's.

Example: =('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31)

The answer as is equals 218 but needs to be rounded to 220. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Try
=MROUND(('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31) ,5)

"LBurlingame" wrote:

I'm doing formula linking two worksheets together and, once the result is
found, I need to round to the nearest integer by 5's.

Example: =('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31)

The answer as is equals 218 but needs to be rounded to 220. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi LBurlingame,

Try following formula

=IF(MOD(Your formula,5)=0,your formula,(INT((your formula/5)+1)*5))

H S Shastri

Pl press yes if found useful.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

"LBurlingame" wrote:

I'm doing formula linking two worksheets together and, once the result is
found, I need to round to the nearest integer by 5's.

Example: =('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31)

The answer as is equals 218 but needs to be rounded to 220. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bingo! Thanks a ton!

"Luke M" wrote:

=CEILING(yourformula,5)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"LBurlingame" wrote:

I'm doing formula linking two worksheets together and, once the result is
found, I need to round to the nearest integer by 5's.

Example: =('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31)

The answer as is equals 218 but needs to be rounded to 220. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=ROUNDUP(yourformula/5,0)*5

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LBurlingame" wrote:

I'm doing formula linking two worksheets together and, once the result is
found, I need to round to the nearest integer by 5's.

Example: =('[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$16*2)*(1+'[Canton Erectors Rate Worksheet111]Crane Rates
Worksheet'!$B$31)

The answer as is equals 218 but needs to be rounded to 220. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try:

=ROUND((D11/5)+0.49,)*5