Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default row-based Bar Chart: How to make bars colorful?

I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a
cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name (row)
but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make colors
different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series, all
bars switch to selected color...

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Two ways. Change the series to be plotted by Columns. Right click chart and
pick Source Data.
On the Data Range tab select Series In: Columns. This will make each data
point a series.

The other way is the select the series and on the Format dialog select the
Options Tab. On there is the choice to ' Vary color by point'

To manually change a single data points fill colour you can select the
series, pause and then select the specific point. When you format the point
only that point is effected.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Naum" wrote in message
I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a
cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name
(row)
but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make
colors
different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series,
all
bars switch to selected color...

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy, you rule!

Works great, thank you! I have chosen 2nd solution because in the first one
(plot series by columns) I needed to make sure series names (column headers)
would still show as labels to the left of vertical axle...

I am posting new question though, regarding a macro, associated with a check
box...

"Naum" wrote in message
I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a
cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name
(row)
but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make
colors
different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series,
all
bars switch to selected color...

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Click on one bar and then click again on the same bar.
then it will separate this bar from others.
right click again and format series.
this time only one bar will change color.

"Naum" wrote:

I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a
cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name (row)
but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make colors
different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series, all
bars switch to selected color...

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

hello,
i have a bar chart of 4 different quarters in mt graph,i wanted all the quarters to be in 4 different colors.how should i go ahead?