Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Default Absolute function

Hi,

I am looking for a formula which can convert formula into absolute number
not as a Total answer but adding the each number seperately.

Example
Col A
10
25
30

Formula is =a1+a2+a3..So the answer would be 45. But I like to see the
answer as=10+25+30 or conver the formula into abolute number by addition of
each number rather than total.

Is there a way to conver this?

Thanks for the help.

Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Dinesh

=A1&"+"&A2&"+"&A3

Is that what you mean?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Dinesh" wrote in message ...
| Hi,
|
| I am looking for a formula which can convert formula into absolute number
| not as a Total answer but adding the each number seperately.
|
| Example
| Col A
| 10
| 25
| 30
|
| Formula is =a1+a2+a3..So the answer would be 45. But I like to see the
| answer as=10+25+30 or conver the formula into abolute number by addition of
| each number rather than total.
|
| Is there a way to conver this?
|
| Thanks for the help.
|
| Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Dinesh" wrote in message

I am looking for a formula which can convert formula into absolute number
not as a Total answer but adding the each number seperately.

Example
Col A
10
25
30

Formula is =a1+a2+a3..So the answer would be 45.

Did you mean 65, not 45? (or did you intend the 10 to be -10, which might
explain the reference to absolute, and makes the question different)?

... But I like to see the
answer as=10+25+30 or conver the formula into abolute number by addition
of
each number rather than total.

Is there a way to conver this?

--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Hi David,

The answer is 65. To clarfy more, These numbers are linked to diff
worksheet, so instead of going back to that link and see what is the absolute
number is, I was wondering if you can toggle back and forth the furmula and
see the absolute number or formula.

Thanks.
Dinesh

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"Dinesh" wrote in message

I am looking for a formula which can convert formula into absolute number
not as a Total answer but adding the each number seperately.

Example
Col A
10
25
30

Formula is =a1+a2+a3..So the answer would be 45.

Did you mean 65, not 45? (or did you intend the 10 to be -10, which might
explain the reference to absolute, and makes the question different)?

... But I like to see the
answer as=10+25+30 or conver the formula into abolute number by addition
of
each number rather than total.

Is there a way to conver this?

--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
N Harkawat

One possible method even though a little tedious is
type the formula as if you would normally have done. Then press function
key f2 and select each component of the formual and press function key F9
this will display the result
press escape when done else it will overwrite the formula with absolute
values

VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 02:37 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 04:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 03:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 11:49 AM