Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional formatting, bleh

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))

where any value in D that is found in SLS_Holidays will be highlighted. It wont accept copy/paste, and attempts at modifying it are not getting me anywhere. please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:51:23 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))

try in CF:
=COUNTIF(SLS_Holidays,D1)0

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:04:22 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:51:23 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

trying to use this formula for conditional formatting in column D:
=NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D1, SLS_Holidays, 1, FALSE)))

try in CF:
=COUNTIF(SLS_Holidays,D1)0

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s

in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:28:30 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s

in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

workbook scope - it's a table name

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:59:28 AM UTC-7, Matthew Dyer wrote:
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:28:30 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:11:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

so I must be doing something wrong - when I copy/paste your formula directly into CF I get an broken formula error. I take out the = and hit OK, it puts it back in, and surrounds the formula with "s

in CF you cannot use sheet scope names. Is you name a global name, a
workbook scope name?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

workbook scope - it's a table name

for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:18:15 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.

have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYVbEmzNp--N_HbuEw

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 11:24:35 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Am Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:18:15 -0800 (PST) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

for the immediate I just hard-coded my range (H2:H20), but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could use my named range instead.

have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYVbEmzNp--N_HbuEw

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Sorry Claus, but it appears to be a broken link