Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ribbon Display Options askew??

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

Of the three display options, none represent what I believe to have had in the past.

The one option that most closely resembles the display I want is the..
---------
Show Tabs
Show Ribbon Tabs Only
Tap a tab to show the commands.
---------

When I select this option and tap a tab, the bottom of the ribbon partially covers the column letter headings.

What I believe I had before was the same as this but with the last used tab selected and all the Icons have their descriptions in print and the tops of the columns are NOT partially covered. AND there was always a tab selected, ie. the last tab selected stayed selected until you clicked on another.

As of now I click a tab and get the ribbon display I like (except for the columns tops covered) but when I select a cell on the sheet, the ribbon goes back to a "waiting for you to select another tab" mode with no icons.

I am I going nut or what??

Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:40:21 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

please have a look:
https://support.office.com/en-ZA/Art...t_the_ribbon_1

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:03:30 PM UTC-8, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:40:21 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

please have a look:
https://support.office.com/en-ZA/Art...t_the_ribbon_1

Regards
Claus B.

Hi Claus,

Pretty much exhausted all the various options including the RESET to Excel default.

Used to have all the normal icons under each tab and nearly every icon had a text label with it. That ribbon stayed put from sheet to sheet, book to book etc.

Can't find how to make that happen as I remember it. I can still access any of the features, except now I have to click a tab (as normal) and click on a icon feature, but when I go back to the worksheet with a cell selection the ribbon collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

I guess I will learn to live with it.

Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Regards,
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 23:38:04 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

Can't find how to make that happen as I remember it. I can still access any of the features, except now I have to click a tab (as normal) and click on a icon feature, but when I go back to the worksheet with a cell selection the ribbon collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

double click a tab to make the ribbon visible

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again,

Am Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:40:31 +0100 schrieb Claus Busch:

double click a tab to make the ribbon visible

a tab of the ribbon, a menu tab

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

double click a tab to make the ribbon visible

Regards
Claus B.

I just now stumbled upon what I think happened.

In the QAT I have a feature "Touch/Mouse Mode", icon is a hand w/ a finger on a blue dot. One of the selections in that icon drop down reinstated the ribbon as I wanted.

I will try the double click tab also.

Thanks.

Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:47:49 PM UTC-8, L. Howard wrote:
collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

double click a tab to make the ribbon visible

Regards
Claus B.

I just now stumbled upon what I think happened.

In the QAT I have a feature "Touch/Mouse Mode", icon is a hand w/ a finger on a blue dot. One of the selections in that icon drop down reinstated the ribbon as I wanted.

I will try the double click tab also.

Thanks.

Howard

And the double click works also.