Member

Default Month Calculation

Pls help me to get the below mentioned matter.

Coloumn 1 (Invoice Date) : 05-07-2012

Coloumn 2 (Limit the Period) : 5

Coloumn 3 Need Result : 05-12-2012
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:17:18 +0000 schrieb Moideen:

Coloumn 1 (Invoice Date) : 05-07-2012

Coloumn 2 (Limit the Period) : 5

Coloumn 3 Need Result : 05-12-2012

try:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+B1,DAY(A1))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moideen View Post
Pls help me to get the below mentioned matter.

Coloumn 1 (Invoice Date) : 05-07-2012

Coloumn 2 (Limit the Period) : 5

Coloumn 3 Need Result : 05-12-2012
Dear Moideen, Good Morning.

You can use the direct process.

A1= 05-07-2012
B1= 5
C1= A1 + B1

Tell me if it worked for you.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Moideen" wrote:
Pls help me to get the below mentioned matter.
Coloumn 1 (Invoice Date) : 05-07-2012
Coloumn 2 (Limit the Period) : 5
Coloumn 3 Need Result : 05-12-2012

It is unclear whether your dates are of the form mm-dd-yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy.
Therefore, it is unclear whether column 2 is 5 days or 5 months.

If days, column 3 (C2) might be:

=A2+B2

If months (most likely), C2 might be:

=EDATE(A2,B2)

Experiment with end-of-month dates in A2 to be sure that EDATE returns what
you want in that case.

Note: For Excel 2003 and earlier, EDATE is part of the Analysis ToolPak, a
Microsoft add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Errata.... I wrote:
It is unclear whether your dates are of the form mm-dd-yyyy
or dd-mm-yyyy. Therefore, it is unclear whether column 2
is 5 days or 5 months.

Oops! Thought I nipped this posting in the bud. Of course, your subject
line explains your intent.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:17:18 +0000 schrieb Moideen:

Coloumn 1 (Invoice Date) : 05-07-2012

Coloumn 2 (Limit the Period) : 5

Coloumn 3 Need Result : 05-12-2012

try: