Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking at alternatives

If you look at the list of dates below you will notice that 8/31/2009 has
many entries. What I want to do is to have a button that will range value
the first 8/31/09 value. Then next month it would range value the first
9/30/09 value. I can think of several ways to do this, but looking for
suggestions on how to do this?. I'm comfortable with using buttons and
writing macros. I'm not sure if this would be better to do all the work with
a macro, or to identify the cell (using formula's) and then to use a macro
only to range value (the one cell in question)?

The equations in all the 8/31/09 cells is =FlyerDate - therefore range
valuing the first cell won't mess up the other cells.

I'm using XL07 - and
Thanks in advance...

12/31/2008 1.86% 0.02% 1.84%
1/31/2009 1.12% 0.02% 1.10%
2/28/2009 0.72% 0.02% 0.70%
3/31/2009 0.55% 0.02% 0.53%
4/30/2009 0.56% 0.02% 0.54%
5/29/2009 0.50% 0.02% 0.48%
6/30/2009 0.35% 0.02% 0.33%
7/31/2009 0.24% 0.02% 0.22%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%
8/31/2009 1.71% 0.02% 1.69%

--
Wag more, bark less
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Had a (maybe dim idea) - this seems to work, but could it be better?

Sub removeformula()
shtSEC.Range("a" & DateDiff("M", DateSerial(2008, 12, 31),
shtInput.Range("Flyerdate")) + 3).Value = _