Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add background watermark to cells?

I have formatted cells A1 through G1 with a background fill color of
my choosing. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to add a background
watermark message to this group of cells. Basically, I want a background
message that says "Only enter integer data into this row", or something
to that effect. This background message should only be visible in
cells A1 through G1. Does anyone know if it's possible to create
such an effect?? Or, what is a good way to simulate this if Excel
doesn't provide such an effect??

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

You can do this with Data Validation...

Click the Cell.
In 2007-2010, press Alt+D then release Alt then press L

Set the Allow values you want to enter into that cell, etc

For the Message, go to the Input Message Tab, there you can enter what you want to appear if the cell is selected

Copy the cell and pastespecial/validation into the other cell

For 2003-2000, same process but dont know the shortcut how to go, try it in Data Tab.

Hope it helps,
~jaeson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use WordArt to add text to your range.
InsertPictureWordArt
Light color with 100% transparency.

Or use a Data Validation input message in each cell.........when user
clicks on the cell message pops up.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:46:48 -0700, "Robert Crandal"
wrote:

I have formatted cells A1 through G1 with a background fill color of
my choosing. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to add a background
watermark message to this group of cells. Basically, I want a background
message that says "Only enter integer data into this row", or something
to that effect. This background message should only be visible in
cells A1 through G1. Does anyone know if it's possible to create
such an effect?? Or, what is a good way to simulate this if Excel
doesn't provide such an effect??

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note: When you are in Input Message Tab, the "Show Message when the Cell is selected must in Checked.

Thanks,
~jaeson