LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Formula I can't figure out

I know this is a strange request and it maybe difficult to do without seeing the whole spreadsheet but I am fairly new to excel and I can't make heads or tails of a formula in a vital spreadsheet that has decided to stop working. The spreadsheet was created by my predecessor and I can't figure out any of it. I mean I literally don't use the vast majority of functions in this formula so I have no idea what they do. Here is the formula (if this request is crazy without being able to upload the original document then feel free to delete it moderators)

=IF('Index Data'!B7'Chart Data'!$C$56,IF(INDIRECT(Correlations!$C$1&Correlat ions!Z2&'Chart Data'!$C$2)="",(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Index Data'!B7):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2-1))^(1/((DAYS360('Index Data'!B8,'Manager Data'!$B$1)-30)/360)))-1,(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Index Data'!B7):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2))^(1/(DAYS360('Index Data'!B8,'Manager Data'!$B$1)/360)))-1),IF(INDIRECT(Correlations!$C$2&Correlations!Z2&' Chart Data'!$C$2)="",(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$56):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2-1))^(1/((DAYS360('Chart Data'!$B$56,'Manager Data'!$B$1)-30)/360))-1),(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$56):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2))^(1/(DAYS360('Chart Data'!$B$56,'Manager Data'!$B$1)/360))-1)))

Thanks,

Dan
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgreen View Post
I know this is a strange request and it maybe difficult to do without seeing the whole spreadsheet but I am fairly new to excel and I can't make heads or tails of a formula in a vital spreadsheet that has decided to stop working. The spreadsheet was created by my predecessor and I can't figure out any of it. I mean I literally don't use the vast majority of functions in this formula so I have no idea what they do. Here is the formula (if this request is crazy without being able to upload the original document then feel free to delete it moderators)

=IF('Index Data'!B7'Chart Data'!$C$56,IF(INDIRECT(Correlations!$C$1&Correlat ions!Z2&'Chart Data'!$C$2)="",(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Index Data'!B7):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2-1))^(1/((DAYS360('Index Data'!B8,'Manager Data'!$B$1)-30)/360)))-1,(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Index Data'!B7):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2))^(1/(DAYS360('Index Data'!B8,'Manager Data'!$B$1)/360)))-1),IF(INDIRECT(Correlations!$C$2&Correlations!Z2&' Chart Data'!$C$2)="",(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$56):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2-1))^(1/((DAYS360('Chart Data'!$B$56,'Manager Data'!$B$1)-30)/360))-1),(PRODUCT(INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$56):INDIRECT('Chart Data'!EW2&'Chart Data'!$C$2))^(1/(DAYS360('Chart Data'!$B$56,'Manager Data'!$B$1)/360))-1)))

Thanks,

Dan
When you say this spreadsheet has decided to stop working, do you mean just this formula or the whole thing?

Are there any specific error message? Whether these are pop ups or errors showing within cells.
  #3   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
When you say this spreadsheet has decided to stop working, do you mean just this formula or the whole thing?

Are there any specific error message? Whether these are pop ups or errors showing within cells.
Hi Spencer,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, i figured it out - the formula is working fine as it turns out - the issue was with the imput values that the formula references, once i corrected those, it worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Dan