Junior Member

Default Using IF, AND and OR functions together

Hi,

I need help with using IF, AND, OR functions together.

Here is my problem.

I have cell

C5 and E5
G5 and I5
K5 and M5

In cell C5, G5 and K5, i have data validation of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer.
In cell E5, I5 and M5, i have Yes or no.

In another cell, i need to check whether C5 has "chair" and E5 has "yes" OR G5 has "chair" and I5 has "yes" OR K5 has "chair" and M5 has "yes". If it does it needs to return True.

I Do not want True showing if C5 has "chair" and I5 has "yes" in it. they got to be together.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:05:38 +0000 schrieb ahs004:

C5 and E5
G5 and I5
K5 and M5

In cell C5, G5 and K5, i have data validation of Chair, Vice Chair,
Treasurer.
In cell E5, I5 and M5, i have Yes or no.

In another cell, i need to check whether C5 has "chair" and E5 has "yes"
OR G5 has "chair" and I5 has "yes" OR K5 has "chair" and M5 has "yes".
If it does it needs to return True.

try:
=OR(C5&E5="ChairYes",G5&I5="ChairYes",K5&M5="Chair Yes")

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahs004 View Post
Hi,

I need help with using IF, AND, OR functions together.

Here is my problem.

I have cell

C5 and E5
G5 and I5
K5 and M5

In cell C5, G5 and K5, i have data validation of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer.
In cell E5, I5 and M5, i have Yes or no.

In another cell, i need to check whether C5 has "chair" and E5 has "yes" OR G5 has "chair" and I5 has "yes" OR K5 has "chair" and M5 has "yes". If it does it needs to return True.

I Do not want True showing if C5 has "chair" and I5 has "yes" in it. they got to be together.

Thank you in advance.

=IF(OR(AND(C5="Chair",E5="Yes"),AND(G5="Chair",I5= "Yes"),AND(K5="Chair",M5="Yes")),TRUE,"")

Does this do what you mean?