Junior Member

Question Summing up cells based on names in adjoining cells - I'm new to using functions

I have a column with agent commissions for sales orders. Next to this column I have a column with the agents identifier (names in this case). I want to create individual cells that total each agents commissions at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidparrpt View Post
I have a column with agent commissions for sales orders. Next to this column I have a column with the agents identifier (names in this case). I want to create individual cells that total each agents commissions at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Have a look at the attached. Without an example worksheet it's hard to tailor make an example, but it should give you the idea.

I've included a SUMPRODUCT and a SUMIF version.

You could also use a pivot table.

Let us know if you need further help with adapting it to your specific workbook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stupidparrpt Example.zip (6.3 KB, 52 views)
Junior Member

Works perfectly - thanks very much!