How to search for grouped rows?

Old June 27th 06, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to search for grouped rows?

Hi,

I have 4 workbooks (for 4 weeks having details on 4 different people), which
need to be consolidated into one at the end of the month. Each of these
workbooks have details which are grouped thus:

Week 1 workbook.xls
Person 1 (row grouped for these items below)
detail 1
detail 2
detail 3...
Person 2 (row grouped for these items below)
detail 1
detail 2
detail 3...
and so on for Person 3 and Person 4.

I have a consolidated xls which has people names, what I need is to open
each of the 4 week files and search for the person name, and then copy the
grouped rows for that person, say <Person> along with the grouped details by
using a macro.

I found some topics on creating a group, but since I already have them, I
need to find grouped rows based on person name and copy them to another
consolidated xls. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old June 27th 06, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry I forgot to add---some person names in the weekly workbooks do NOT have
any grouped rows at all, but are just one single detail for that person.
Hence, I would require the macro to copy the person's details (whether
grouped or not) to the consolidated xls.
Thanks