How to nest functions with SUMIF function in excel

Old November 20th 05, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to nest functions with SUMIF function in excel

I am trying to use 2 variables with the SUMIF function. ie:-
sumif(<range1>,<criteria1>)(<range2>,<criteria2>), <sum_range>
So far, I cannot find out if this is possible. Has anyone tried and managed
to do this successfully?

I thought maybe that the AND function has to be used ... for example:-
Sumif(AND(A:A,"Car"(B:B,"Red",C:C))) - but with this example, I get the
error message:- "You've entered too few arguments etc "
Old November 20th 05, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A200="Car"),--(B1:B200="Red"),C1:C200)

note that you cannot use the whole column (no A:A or B:B)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

Old January 3rd 17, 07:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://tutorialway.com/use-sumif-function-in-excel/
visit this site