Excel spreadsheet formula to count numbers in PivotTable column

Old November 12th 16, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel spreadsheet formula to count numbers in PivotTable column

I have a PivotTable with many rows. The last row of the PT is, of course, the sum of each column. I want to put a row of formulas a few rows below the PT that counts the number of items in each column. The number of rows fluctuates from day to day but stays roughly in the forties. Also, there will not be a data point in every row that shows each day.
Old November 12th 16, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_]

> I have a PivotTable with many rows. The last row of the PT is, of
> course, the sum of each column. I want to put a row of formulas a few
> rows below the PT that counts the number of items in each column. The
> number of rows fluctuates from day to day but stays roughly in the
> forties. Also, there will not be a data point in every row that shows
> each day.

Have a look at the COUNTA() function...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old November 15th 16, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm using Counta(). The issue is the range inside the parens. The range can change and I would like not to have to re-select it and drag it across dozens of columns. The range to be counted in each column starts on Row 3 but might extend to a different depth each day. I made an Offset function called "RowCount" that counts the number of words in Column A of the PivotTable and essentially identifies the number of the last row. I just don't know how to incorporate this variable into the Counta(B3:B RowCount). I know there are some ampersands and double-quotes involved.

Old November 15th 16, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_]

> I'm using Counta(). The issue is the range inside the parens. The
> range can change and I would like not to have to re-select it and
> drag it across dozens of columns. The range to be counted in each
> column starts on Row 3 but might extend to a different depth each
> day. I made an Offset function called "RowCount" that counts the
> number of words in Column A of the PivotTable and essentially
> identifies the number of the last row. I just don't know how to
> incorporate this variable into the Counta(B3:B RowCount). I know
> there are some ampersands and double-quotes involved.

Have a look here for PivotTable tips...

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html