Export Data on new Sheet with same Id of that column

Old February 21st 15, 09:16 AM
randhawa_125 randhawa_125 is offline
Junior Member

Default Export Data on new Sheet with same Id of that column

First of all let me tell you all that i am totally new to Excel. I never used it before.. I am in a little trouble, so i need help of your guyz... Hope you guyz will help me.

My Problem is :

I have two columns "Sr.No" and "Previous Posting" as showing in the image 1 (Current Situation). Sr.No columns contains numbers in series and "Previous posting" contains all the posting details in the same column but in different rows..

Now i want to save all these posting details in a new sheet but not in a single column. Every posting detail should be in a new row with same Serial Number which belongs to that column, rather than all the posting record in a single column.

Results should be like as showing in image 2:

I hope you will understand my question and suggest me how to do this as i am totally new.
Attached Images

Old February 21st 15, 10:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Sat, 21 Feb 2015 08:16:32 +0000 schrieb randhawa_125:

>|Filename: Untitled2.jpg |
>|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1006|

please upload a workbook instead of a picture

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Old March 18th 16, 08:32 AM
wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhawa_125 View Post
First of all let me tell you all that i am totally new to Excel. I never used it before.. I am in a little trouble, so i need help of your guyz... Hope you guyz will help me.

My Problem is :

I have two columns "Sr.No" and "Previous Posting" as showing in the image 1 (Current Situation). Sr.No columns contains numbers in series and "Previous posting" contains all the posting details in the same column but in different rows..

Now i want to save all these posting details in a new sheet but not in a single column. Every posting detail should be in a new row with same Serial Number which belongs to that column, rather than all the posting record in a single column.

Results should be like as showing in image 2:

I hope you will understand my question and suggest me how to do this as i am totally new.
Right click on the name of the worksheet then select view code and paste this:

Sub DuplicateValuesInColumnA()

Dim a, b As Long

Columns("A").Select
Selection.UnMerge
a = Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row - 2
For b = 0 To a
If Range("A2").Offset(b, 0) <> "" Then
Range("A2").Offset(b, 0) = Range("A2").Offset(b, 0)
Else: Range("A2").Offset(b, 0) = Range("A2").Offset(b - 1, 0)
End If
Next b

End Sub
Asobi Wa Owari Da