A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Links and Linking in Excel
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Linking formatted cells

Old August 28th 14, 10:48 PM

First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Aug 2014
Angry Linking formatted cells

I'm trying to figure out how to link contents from 2 sheets in a workbook. I've created a Q&A(#1) on one sheet, with the reply options and scoring defined on another. The Q&A sheet is locked and the reply sheet is hidden so the only choice the user has is to simply select from the drop down the best answer to the question. The answer then calculates a value which is tallied at the end for a score. I have a second Q&A(#2) setup with another sheet, which is where the problems lie. Unfortunately there are 3 duplicate questions, so I've been trying to find a way that when the questions are answered on #1 they will auto-populate on #2, which I think I was able to do, but I couldn't keep the source formatting so the values came out skewed and I kept getting errors. Hopefully this makes sense, because I'm on a stupid deadline to get this done, and I am having NO luck. Hopefully someone can help with this! If I'm not clear enough please let me know. Thanks in advance for ANY assistance I can get!
Ads