divide and round up

Old September 21st 09, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pammy

Default divide and round up

I have a formula: c5/4
I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number. example:

if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
Old September 21st 09, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson

=roundup(c5/4, 0)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Old September 21st 09, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo

Hi,
=roundup(c5/4,0)

Old January 5th 17, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:40:02 PM UTC-5, Pammy wrote:
> I have a formula: c5/4
> I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number. example:
>
> if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.

What if I want to divide cell D5 by cell B4 and then roundup?
Old January 5th 17, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:40:02 PM UTC-5, Pammy wrote:
> I have a formula: c5/4
> I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number. example:
>
> if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.

Very cool thanks! I also got it to work with =ROUNDUP(D5/B4,0)
Old January 9th 17, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zvkmpw

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 12:30:41 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:40:02 PM UTC-5, Pammy wrote:
> > I have a formula: c5/4
> > I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number.
> > example:
> > if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.

> Very cool thanks! I also got it to work with =ROUNDUP(D5/B4,0)

The ROUNDUP() approach is better. For example, if D5 and B4 happen contain the same number, the desired result is probably 1, not 2.
Old February 13th 17, 10:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

> =INT(D5/B4)+1

That wouldn't work if the result of the division is a whole number it would round up when it shouldn't

roundup is the one you'd want to use