How do I plot an XY (scatter) graph with two Y axes?

Old December 22nd 04, 11:39 AM
PeterAtLufbra

Default How do I plot an XY (scatter) graph with two Y axes?

I need to put two sets of data on one graph, with separate linear Y axes and
plotted on a common linear x axis.
The 2 axes option is for a line chart, which gives discrete data points on
the x axis, not a linear number scale like you get using XY (scatter).
I'm using Excel 2000.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter
Old December 22nd 04, 02:03 PM
Bernard Liengme

Make the XY chart with the two data series
Right click on one data series in the chart; on popup menu use Format Data
Series
Open Axis tab and check the Secondary Axis box

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme