All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

Old December 30th 08, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lily

Default All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.
Old December 30th 08, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Hi,

It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the
spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move
chart. choose the New Sheet option...

Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one
tab is selected. Right-click any sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Old June 29th 12, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:30:27 PM UTC-5, Lily wrote:
> I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
> However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
> new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
> something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

YES!
Old February 28th 13, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

yes it is really working great !
Old May 19th 15, 11:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Gr8 Thanks
Old July 11th 16, 06:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes - thanks

Old October 27th 16, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 3:30:27 PM UTC-5, Lily wrote:
> I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
> However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
> new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
> something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

I am trying to open a new excel workbook but all menu items are greyed out. What could be causing the options to be locked down?