Un-Synchronous Panes

Old November 11th 08, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Default Un-Synchronous Panes

When I have split panes within the same worksheet, I want to un-sychronize
the two panes. I can see how to do it with two different worksheets, but
can't find how to do it for two panes of the same worksheet (Excel 2007).
Any suggestions?
Old November 11th 08, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire

Hi,

If you use the command, Window, New Window and then Window, Arrange, Tile
the windows will be unsynced by default.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

Old November 11th 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_]

Well, in xl2003, you can go to menu Window|New Window, and it will open a
second version of the same file (and they are named :1 and :2, etc.
--
** John C **

Old November 11th 08, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Thanks for the suggestion Shane. I tried it and it does work, although
somewhat cumbersome and doesn't revert back after saving (ie have to reset it
up each time). As well, I'd like to do this for only one sheet within the
worksheet and have it stay that way (until I manually change it). Anyway,
I'm a switch over from Quatrro Pro and it was a simple one step command to
"Unsych". Since its available for multiple files, one would assume that
Excel has the capability to do it for within the same worksheet... Do you
know if its possible?