tab delimited adding extra tabs

Old April 18th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
maryj

Default tab delimited adding extra tabs

I am entering data into Excel - have tried in both Excel 2000 and 2003 and
get the same results.

For example,
A1: <NetworkName> (press tab)
B1: 3MDS (press Enter)
(press Enter)
A3: <LocationName> (press tab)
B3: 235 Cafeteria (press Enter)
A4: <PlayerName> (press Tab)
B4: <StartTime> (press Tab)
C4: <EndTime> (press Tab)
D4: <Duriation> (press Tab)
E4: <Content> (press Enter)
A5: player1 (press Tab)
B5: data1 (press Tab)
B6: data1 (press Enter)

I then save the file as .txt - tab delimited.
When I open the file in Word, there are extra tabs (2 or 3) at the end of
rows 1,3, and 5 and then a paragraph.
Rows 2 and 4 have only a paragraph mark at the end - this is I need it to be.

Any ideas why I am getting he extra tabs? Even more so, how can I prevent
them from occurring?

Thank you!

--
maryj