help with a scatter graph of conditioned values

Old February 1st 05, 05:43 PM
uriel78

Default help with a scatter graph of conditioned values

I'm a big newbie in matter of charting and vba...I hope somenone can help
me....here is my problem

I need to plot a XY scatter graph.
X and Y data values are mutually dependents one each other and they change
under an extra condition that I want to represent qith a macro control.

Hmmmm...let's try to give you an example:
first of all I need to define EXTRA CONDITIONS as follows

name S
A 1
B 1,15
C 1,20
D 1,25
E 1,35
..... .....
My goal is to have a control in cell C1 that traduces "if 'name'=A then
'S'=1, if 'name'=B then 'S'=1,15" and so on for cells A3...An

After doing that, I need to plot my XY function(s) as follows:
X Y
0 ..
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

X is a column made by intervals of limited values
if 'name'=A then X=(0,1,2,3,4,5,6); (7,8,9,10)
if 'name'=B then X=(0,1,2,3,4); (5,6,7,8,9,10)

Y is a function of X values:
in the case of 'name'=A
for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)

in the case of 'name'=B
for X =0..6 Y=S*cos(x)
for X=7...10 Y=S*sin(x)

Please help me with a macro...every suggestion will be very precious...I'm
struggling with excel...:-(

Old February 1st 05, 08:27 PM
Barb Reinhardt

I have 2 questions/clarifications:

When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?
X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each time
(with S based on name?)

Old February 1st 05, 08:50 PM
uriel78

Thank you for your answer,

"Barb Reinhardt" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> I have 2 questions/clarifications:

> When you define S based on A, is the result 1.15, 1.20, etc?

No, only one value for each S
A-->1
B-->1,15
C-->1,25
and so on

> X changed depending on NAME, but is the function for Y the same each time
> (with S based on name?)

No, Y depends on X intervals. i.e., if X is subdivided into three intervals
(0,1,2,3); (4,5,6,7); (8,9,10) -> I need three Y functions (one for each
interval)

Old February 2nd 05, 07:01 AM
uriel78

Yes, I'm an italian user and for my country settings 1,15=1.15