Graphing multiple series with Excel 2013

Old August 28th 16, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Alan[_40_]

Default Graphing multiple series with Excel 2013

I have multiple data series which will fit on a scatter chart, but do
not share common X values:

Series A
X1 Y1
X2 Y2
X3 Y3
etc

Series B
XX1 YY1
XX2 YY2
XX3 YY3
etc.

Not the standard common X value
X1 Y1 YY1
X2 Y2 YY2
X3 Y3 YY3

All the reference I have found are either for the common X value
situation, or are for what look like earlier version of Excel which
this neophyte has not managed to translate. Could someone point me at
a good tutorial/recipe to do this in Excel 2013?

--
Alan
Old August 28th 16, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Alan[_40_]

Alan > wrotR:

>I have multiple data series which will fit on a scatter chart, but do
>not share common X values:
>
>Series A
>X1 Y1
>X2 Y2
>X3 Y3
>etc
>
>Series B
>XX1 YY1
>XX2 YY2
>XX3 YY3
>etc.
>
>Not the standard common X value
>X1 Y1 YY1
>X2 Y2 YY2
>X3 Y3 YY3
>
>All the reference I have found are either for the common X value
>situation, or are for what look like earlier version of Excel which
>this neophyte has not managed to translate. Could someone point me at
>a good tutorial/recipe to do this in Excel 2013?

Never mind. A colleague lent me a copy of Microsoft Excel 2013 for
Scientists and Engineers. Clear enough that I got what I want within
a few minutes. Have it on order from Amazon!

--
Alan