remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Old December 19th 11, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dschneiderch

Default remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.
Old December 19th 11, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jim Cone[_2_]

Right-click the trendline.
In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline.
In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab.
Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .

Old November 27th 13, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Pada Selasa, 20 Desember 2011 0:23:01 UTC+7, dschneiderch menulis:
> Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
>
> I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
>
> trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
>
> (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
>
> "Linear"?
>
> Thanks.

klik this link; http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab...ding-data.html

i think that is very easy to understand trend of data
Old July 22nd 16, 04:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

在 2011年12月20日星期二 UTC+8上午2:24:32,Jim Cone写道:
> Right-click the trendline.
> In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline.
> In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab.
> Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name.
> --
> Jim Cone
> Portland, Oregon USA .
> http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html .
> (editorial review of special sort excel add-in (30 ways to sort)
>

> "dschneiderch" >
> wrote in message
> > Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
> > I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
> > trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
> > (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
> > "Linear"?
> > Thanks.

good answer