How to get Excel repair?

Old October 26th 15, 03:42 PM
HanslEngel HanslEngel is offline
Junior Member

Default How to get Excel repair?

I have a very large excel 2007 file that will not open correctly lately. The file does eventually open after several minutes. When I make a change it takes about a minute to save. This just started to happen to this file last week. Before that it would open much quicker and changes would save right away. It is saved locally and a copy of the file I saved 3 months ago shows it at 58MB. There are no VB or macros. No added images or external databases. Is there a program (preferably free) that can fix this? It is like 60MB in size.
Old October 27th 15, 03:50 AM
profilmuoitam18 profilmuoitam18 is offline
Junior Member

Một ngày mới làm việc hiệu quả.
Old October 27th 15, 04:49 PM
LasseSalminen LasseSalminen is offline
Junior Member

Excel keeps a lot of 'extraneous' data in files and it grows over time. If possible try cutting and pasting into a fresh workbook and see if the problem goes away (the 'extra' data will stay with the sheets if you use 'move or copy' at a tab level). NB: this method works through the clipboard so you might find the data set is too large for a single iteration,
Alternatively try 'Fail Save As and use one of the earlier formats such as 2003 .xls (if you get a warning that some formula won't work in earlier formats abort and try a different one, in theory the formulas WILL be saved under compatibility mode and recreated when you come back so if all else fails its worth a shot).
The idea is that the Save As process drops all the 'extras' so once that's done you can go back to the 'normal' format. Depending on the integrity/criticality of the data you might want to do some regression to prove that the new file holds the same information as the old one - count of cells, column totals etc. Even if this does not help, then the only way to try to recover the file using XLS Repair Kit. I am sure that this method is 100% should help. http://www.xls.repair/
Old October 27th 15, 04:51 PM
LasseSalminen LasseSalminen is offline
Junior Member

Take a look at this link also for help
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...me?forum=excel
Old October 27th 15, 09:55 PM
HanslEngel HanslEngel is offline
Junior Member

I am grateful for the help! the issue has been resolved.
Old March 10th 16, 04:18 PM
dextartrevino dextartrevino is offline
Junior Member

You can go with third party DataRepairTools which provide advanced data repair and recovery software. Using Excel repair of DataRepairTool you can get completed solution for Excel file corruption. To know more and repair Excel file data, download this tool from here- http://www.datarepairtools.com/excel-recovery.html