Can't make Excel default program, not on list.

Old June 8th 09, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Traci

Default Can't make Excel default program, not on list.

Excel is listed in Start/All Programs, but when if I click on a file and
choose "open with", Excel is not on the list for .xls.

If I download the file and save it, then open Excel and open the file, no
problem.

If I "browse" for programs to open that file type, Excel is not listed.
Old June 8th 09, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kassie

Under Tools, Options, General, is "Ignore other applications" ticked? If so,
untick.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

Old September 22nd 15, 06:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
brandon.oliver@outlook.com

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 6:28:59 AM UTC-5, rakesh bhansali wrote:
> On Jun 9, 12:29*am, Kassie > wrote:
> > Under Tools, Options, General, is "Ignore other applications" ticked? *If so,
> > untick.
> >
> > --
> > HTH
> >
> > Kassie
> >
> > Replace xxx with hotmail
> >

> > "Traci" wrote:
> > > Excel is listed in Start/All Programs, but when if I click on a file and
> > > choose "open with", Excel is not on the list for .xls. *

> > > If I download the file and save it, then open Excel and open the file, no
> > > problem.

> > > If I "browse" for programs to open that file type, Excel is not listed. *

> I am not able to find the tools,options, general tabs in vista. Where
> do I look for this?

In Excel, Options > Advanced > General (For Excel 2013, likely similar or the same for 2007)

"Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange" I believe this is what she is referring to.