Extra window that must be closed

Old September 21st 15, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gordon Shumway

Default Extra window that must be closed

I am using Microsoft Office 2010 in Windows 7.

Preciously when I would launch Excel 2010 it would start with a new,
blank file named "Book1" and that file would be in the number 1 window
of Excel. If I wanted to open an existing file I would do so and
existing file would then become the number 1 window of Excel. If I
then clicked on the "Close" button (not the "Close Window" button) at
the upper right hand corner of the window Excel would close as it
should.

Recently I created a Book.xltx and Sheet.xltx templates to have my
preferences included in all new Excel files. Those are both now stored
in the C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XL START
directory. As I had wanted, all new files and sheets have the
preferences I saved in those files.

There is one unwanted side affect the new templates has created.

When I launch Excel 2010 it starts with a new, blank file named
"Book1" and that file is in the number 1 window of Excel. That part is
no different than before. However, if I then open an existing file
then that existing file becomes the number 2 window of Excel. Now
there are two active Excel windows. If I click on the "Close" button
(not the "Close Window" button) at the upper right hand corner of the
window, Excel will now close only the active window -- I have to click
on the "Close" button again to close the window that contains "Book1."

Is there a way to have an existing file, when opened, become the
number 1 window as it used to?

Thank you.
Old September 21st 15, 07:36 AM
profilmuoitam18 profilmuoitam18 is offline
Junior Member

http://eco-site.org/