Hide zero entries from legend

Old August 7th 09, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Michelle

Default Hide zero entries from legend

I have a pie-chart which refers to 50 rows of data. There are never any more
than 5 or 6 with any values, and the pie chart looks fine... EXCEPT... the
legend shows all 50 entries. Is there a way to tell it to ignore (or not
display) any entries that have a zero value (and therefore do not show in
the pie)?

Thanks

Old August 7th 09, 08:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You could use autofilter to hide the rows of those with a zero value.
Or formula as described here,
http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

Cheers
Andy

Michelle wrote:
> I have a pie-chart which refers to 50 rows of data. There are never any
> more than 5 or 6 with any values, and the pie chart looks fine...
> EXCEPT... the legend shows all 50 entries. Is there a way to tell it to
> ignore (or not display) any entries that have a zero value (and
> therefore do not show in the pie)?
>
> Thanks

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old September 7th 15, 05:06 PM
Chrisjd101 Chrisjd101 is offline
Junior Member

Hi Andy

I'm struggling with a similar issue; My data is in the following format ideally I'd like to utilise the answer, but think I've hit the limit of my technical ability....any ideas?

Ans 1 Ans 2 Ans 3
WG1 0 1 2
WG2 2 1 0
WG3 1 0 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Pope View Post