Data Labels - I Only Want One

Old May 26th 09, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DanielG

Default Data Labels - I Only Want One

Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just
one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data
point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the
Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on
the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and
unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points.
Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all
on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?
Old May 27th 09, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Try this, select the series then select the point. Use ribbon Chart Tools >
Layout > Labels > Data Labels > More Data Label Options.
You can now apply specific label type to selected point only.

Another way would be to add a dummy series that only contains data for those
points you want labeled?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Old June 11th 15, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kyle[_6_]

Thanks, just what I needed
Old June 11th 15, 02:58 PM
hoibmtose005 hoibmtose005 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG View Post
Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points. Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?
bạn đ bao giờ tai game mien phi tại kenhgame.edu.vn chưa