Links between two workbooks

Old March 9th 13, 06:10 AM
baleshst baleshst is offline
Junior Member

Default Links between two workbooks

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to understand, which is the best way of linking workbooks.

I have a master budget which pulls data from several other workbooks.

However, there are several drawbacks for such linkages. If the destination file is opened before the source file or if someone else is accessing the source file which i do then in such situations the destination file give ref# error.

In short, I want to know which is the best way of linking workbooks together.
Also, if macros could be a option.

Thanks,
Balesh