Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.GetSaveAsFilename problem

I have a userform with a button that does the following:

Private Sub PanicSwitch_Click()
Dim AUserFile As Variant
Month7Select = Month7.Value
MonthRSelect = MonthR.Value
WeekSelect = Week.Value
NameSelect = AName.Value
CenterSelect = Center.Value
Cells(1, 25) = Month7Select
Cells(1, 1) = MonthRSelect
Cells(2, 1) = WeekSelect
Cells(1, 2) = NameSelect
Cells(2, 2) = CenterSelect
Unload NotSoFast

AUserFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(???
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=AUserFile
End Sub

I'm trying to set the InitialFilename parameter as follows:
Center C&A PF Month YR Wk # analyst initials

The user will select Center, Month and Wk # in the userform. We have a
specific filenaming protocol so and I need to match it. Here's an example:
Say John Smith is in the userform. He'll select his name as John Smith, his
Center as GSO, his Month as April, his Week as Week 3. I need to somehow
use this information to set up InitialFilename. Here's what it should look
like:

GSO C&A PF Apr 09 wk 3 js

Here's another example to make it clear: Say Grace Henriques is in the
form. She'll select her name as Grace Henriques, her Center as VHeathrow,
her Month as December, her Week as Week 1. This is what her filename should
save as:

VHeathrow C&A PF Dec 09 wk1 gh

I imagine the syntax will look something like this:

AUserFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(CenterSelect & " C&A PF " &
MonthRSelect & " 09 " & WeekSelect & "NameSelect", additional parameters etc)

But as you can see from the file naming protocol I only need the first 3
letters of the month, I need the week to show as "wk1", "wk2" etc, and I only
need the the users initials on the end. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AUserFile = CenterSelect & " C&A PF " & _
MonthRSelect & " 09 " & WeekSelect & "NameSelect"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=AUserFile

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bishop" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That doesn't really address my issue. I made the following modifications to
the code (show below). This works except the only that shows up in the file
name box in the Save As window is: "C&A PF 09 ". How do I make the rest of
it populate?

Private Sub PanicSwitch_Click()
Dim AUserFile As Variant
Dim FNwk As String
Dim FNmonth As String
Dim FNname As String

Month7Select = Month7.Value
MonthRSelect = MonthR.Value
WeekSelect = Week.Value
NameSelect = AName.Value
CenterSelect = Center.Value
Cells(1, 25) = Month7Select
Cells(1, 1) = MonthRSelect
Cells(2, 1) = WeekSelect
Cells(1, 2) = NameSelect
Cells(2, 2) = CenterSelect
Unload NotSoFast

If MonthRSelect = "January" Then FNmonth = Jan
If MonthRSelect = "February" Then FNmonth = Feb
If MonthRSelect = "March" Then FNmonth = Mar
If MonthRSelect = "April" Then FNmonth = Apr
If MonthRSelect = "May" Then FNmonth = May
If MonthRSelect = "June" Then FNmonth = Jun
If MonthRSelect = "July" Then FNmonth = Jul
If MonthRSelect = "August" Then FNmonth = Aug
If MonthRSelect = "September" Then FNmonth = Sep
If MonthRSelect = "October" Then FNmonth = "Oct"
If MonthRSelect = "November" Then FNmonth = Nov
If MonthRSelect = "December" Then FNmonth = Dec
If WeekSelect = "Week 1" Then FNweek = wk1
If WeekSelect = "Week 2" Then FNweek = wk2
If WeekSelect = "Week 3" Then FNweek = wk3
If WeekSelect = "Week 4" Then FNweek = wk4
If WeekSelect = "Week 5" Then FNweek = wk5
If NameSelect = "Bishop Minter" Then FNname = bm
If NameSelect = "Carlos Trespalacios" Then FNname = ct
If NameSelect = "Dennis Murphy" Then FNname = dm
If NameSelect = "Gary Hayden" Then FNname = gh
If NameSelect = "Gloria Montoya" Then FNname = gm
If NameSelect = "Kenneth Accomando" Then FNname = ka
If NameSelect = "Lisa Muttillo" Then FNname = lm
If NameSelect = "Lorraine Warburton" Then FNname = lw
If NameSelect = "Warner Langlois" Then FNname = wl

AUserFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(CenterSelect & "C&A PF" &
FNmonth & " 09 " & FNweek & " " & FNname, "Excel Workbooks(*.xls),*.xls", ,
"You Must Save Before You Proceed", "Save It!")
End Sub

"Bishop" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand what characters are variable and which are just plain old
strings, but maybe this will give you an idea.

Private Sub PanicSwitch_Click()
Dim AUserFile As Variant
Dim InitFileName as string

Month7Select = Month7.Value
MonthRSelect = MonthR.Value
WeekSelect = Week.Value
NameSelect = AName.Value
CenterSelect = Center.Value

Cells(1, 25) = Month7Select
Cells(1, 1) = MonthRSelect
Cells(2, 1) = WeekSelect
Cells(1, 2) = NameSelect
Cells(2, 2) = CenterSelect

me.hide

initfilename = "C:\somepath\Center C&A PF " _
& monthrselect & "YR Wk" & nameselect & ".xls"

Auserfile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:=Ini tFileName, _
filefilter:="Excel files, *.xls")

if auserfile = false then
'user hit cancel
else
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=AUserFile
end if

'still unload no matter what?
unload me
End Sub

Is "NotSoFast" the name of the userform that owns this code?

If yes, then the Me keywords (the userform that owns the code) should work ok.

If no, I screwed up your intent.

--

Dave Peterson