Barb Reinhardt

Default Merge and Center Disabled in Excel 2003 Document

I have copied several tables from Word 2003 into Excel 2003 and I am no
longer able to merge and center within the document. What disabled that
option and how do I re-enable it?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Jon Peltier

Barb -

Shared workbooks suffer by having many normal features suppressed. You can't put a
chart into one, either, or delete a sheet. I've always tried to avoid sharing of
workbooks.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I'm also finding that in the same document, when I enter an HTML URL, it
won't be displayed as a hot link. Is this also because the document is
shared?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message

I have copied several tables from Word 2003 into Excel 2003 and I am no
longer able to merge and center within the document. What disabled that
option and how do I re-enable it?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Barb Reinhardt

Jon,

I discovered a lot of this while playing around with the document. My
original goal was to set up a workbook so that several individuals in the
office could update their personal capability information without having to
wait for the document to be available. I had no plans for putting in
charts, but I discovered that if we weren't using the workbook purely for
data entry, it wasn't of much use.

Thanks for the additional feedback.

Barb