Junior Member

Default Creating a report sheet based on 1 column's data

I'm tracking parts inventory shipments. When a part is ordered, it goes on worksheet 1. When the part is received, I put a date in another cell on that row. I want to create a report (a second worksheet) which tells me what parts are outstanding (have not been received yet). So I need to create a list of parts which have no data in the "received" column. I'll try to draw an example.

Part Part Number Qty Ordered Shipped Received
Widget 34279 3 9/1/10 9/3/10 9/12/10
Gadget 7321 1 9/3/10 9/4/10
Thingy 3847 2 9/4/10 9/5/10 9/15/10
Whatsit 533829B 7 9/4/10

So whenever the Received column is blank, the entire row should be copied to another sheet (titled "Outstanding parts"). Then, when a date is placed in the received column, the row disappears from the list.
The options I have tried so far have generated the rows, but they leave blank rows in the space where the item was received. Thank you.
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnowhatimdoin View Post
[...]

A pivot table would be suitable for this task.
Asobi Wa Owari Da