Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to size the bars in a bar chart??

Hi All,

I've clicked everywhere and can't see how I can change the width of bars in
a bar chart.

Can anyone help please.

Ta.
Bill.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

In xl2003 double click the bar/column and on the Series Option of the
Format dialog set the Gap width to a smaller value than the default 150.

In xl2007 display the Format dialog for the series and adjust the Gap
Width percentage, which is in the Series Option section.

If you have skinny bars caused by using dates as category labels the you
need to change the Axis to category rather than Time series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Saturday, March 7, 2009 6:57:43 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
Hi All,I've clicked everywhere and can't see how I can change the width of bars in a bar chart.Can anyone help please.Ta.Bill.

Try changing the scale units from days to months.