Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cam Cam is offline

Default Stop watch time in Excel

Hello,

I am doing a time study with the stop watch in HH:MM:SS format staring at 0
and continuing until the process stop and record time at different steps.

How do I format in Excel to input stop watch time, not in time AM or FM?
Then another column to calculate the difference time between each step.
Thank for any sugguestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cam Cam is offline

David,

Thanks for your sugguestion, but how do I convert from 01:26:40 (1 hour and
26 minutes) into 87 minutes (round up). Thanks

"Cam" wrote in message
Hello,

I am doing a time study with the stop watch in HH:MM:SS format staring at
0
and continuing until the process stop and record time at different steps.

How do I format in Excel to input stop watch time, not in time AM or FM?
Then another column to calculate the difference time between each step.
Thank for any sugguestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel times are in multiples of of a day, so if you want to convert to
minutes, multiply by 24*60. Format as number with zero decimal places if
you want to round. If you always want to round up, use the ROUNDUP
function.
--
David Biddulph