Junior Member

Default External Data from Web

I have built a code which loops through a list of URLs, scrapes data from a specific table on that page, and then repeats the process with the next URL until finished.

This was working up until today. Now, suddenly I am seeing a pop-up each time I try to load the next URL:

"File could not be accessed. Try one of the following:
- Make sure the specified folder exists
- Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only
- Make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: < ? [ ] : | *
- Make sure the file/path name does not contain more than 218..."

here is a sample URL
http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?ga...31025&period=0

I realize it has a "?", but it was working earlier today. I looped through 50 URLs, before the code errored, and now I can't get it working. I even went back and tried to manually create the External Data Connection, but even that is not working.

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dutchpancake wrote:

[...]

Post your code.

--
Base ten numbering seems to be all the rage these days, so I went with that.