Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Sean

Default how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

how do i get word 2003 to open documents in a seperate windows?

I've upgraded a desktop from 2000 to 2003, but all office apps refuse to
open new/other documents into seperate windows (so no alt-tab happiness for
me).

Any help would be g8!

Thnx

Sean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Do you mean excel?

If you want different windows/workbooks to appear on the taskbar, you can use:
tools|options|view|windows in taskbar.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi.

Something in WinXP SP2 must have done something to make this not work
anymore as I used to happily use this, but even with the abovementioned
checked, now it no longer allows me to alt-tab between the different
files.

Does anyone else have this problem with SP2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Tools|Options|View Tab
check "windows in taskbar"

Both excel and MSWord share this option, but they do behave differently.