Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Look up formula?

Hi,
I have a row of numbers (C2 - N2) that are assigned to names in row C4 to N4. I need to right a formula that will rank these 12 names by the highest number. So in column P4 - P15 I need the names to show from highest # in C4 to N4. P4 = the name with the highest #. P5 = the name with the 2nd highest # and so on. Please advise. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a row of numbers (C2 - N2) that are assigned to names in row C4 to N4.
I need to right a formula that will rank these 12 names by the highest number.
So in column P4 - P15 I need the names to show from highest # in C4 to N4.
P4 = the name with the highest #. P5 = the name with the 2nd highest #
and so on.

If the numbers are all different in every example, try this in P4 and copy down to P15:
=HLOOKUP(LARGE($C$2:$N$2,ROW()-3),$C$2:$N$4,3,FALSE)