Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Build a link to an other excell document.

Hi!
I've managed to link fileds to an other excell document.
IE. ='C:\[calc2009.xls]Page1'!A1
But now I'm trying to build a link so that it updates with a new year every
time you change the year.
IE.
in B1 I write the year 2010.
Now the link in B2 changes to ='C:\[calc2010.xls]Page1'!A1

I've tried with ='C:\[calc&B1&.xls]Page1'!A1 and similiar, but with no
success.

Is this possible?
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The function you'd want to use is =indirect().

But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
or
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

===
If you have trouble getting to the site, then search google for indirect.ext.

I found this alternative site:
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

I didn't look to see if it was the most current version.

I'd check the original site every so often to see if it's working.

--

Dave Peterson