Junior Member

Default All my entries turned to #VALUE!s

Hi!

I have several MS Excel *.xls files that are lists of things (e.g., list of books, that contains author, title, publishing date, genre info in separate columns. Similar lists for DVDs, basketball games, etc).

When I open one of my lists, for some reason, all the entries in the cells are now "#VALUE!"s. I know that you usually get this if you are using Excel to calculate data, and if the formula you wrote in is incorrect.

But why would all of my entries turn into "#VALUE!"s? It looks like I clicked something that affected the whole file?

To reiterate, the file has no formulas. Just letters and numbers. Sheets are not linked in any way. This is a generic list. It has two sheets, one is "Haves," (as in books I own) second sheet is "Have nots," (books I don't own but want to get).

And it is only this list. Other lists I have are fine.

Any thoughts on how to revert this back to my original data?

I am running Windows 10. MS Excel 2007.

Thanks.