Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
name

Default chart with dynamic x axis

Is it possible to setup a chart of a time series so that the periods
charted can be defined by user inputs? For example, I have a chart of
sales for the entire year. There is an input for 'month to review'.
Even though I have sales for 12 months, if the user inputs 3 into this
field, I'd like the chart only to plot months 1-3. Any help is
appreciated.

--
name
name's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34115

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

name:

Yes, you can set up a dynamic chart that will let your users enter number of
months and chart will display only those months.

I have a post that should get you started. It shows how to set up a dynamic
range and how to plot last number of days in that dynamic range.

http://processtrends.com/pg_dynamic_charts.htm

Take a look at the post and workbook and post back if you have any
questions.

...Kelly