Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Floating Cell Total

I would like to know if there is a way to take the running
sum cell that I have and have it move up or down the page
as I scroll. Or how to make that value on a toolbar.
Someway that I can see the total from anywhere on the
sheet I have other then a freeze pain way.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create a floating toolbar (called, say, "Running Total"), put a single text
menu item on it, and then put this code in the ThisWorkbook module:

CommandBars("Running Total").Controls(1).Caption = _
WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("A1:A1000")) 'or whatever total
End Sub

That's the basic idea; I'll leave the refinements to you.

--

Vasant

"John" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a way to take the running
sum cell that I have and have it move up or down the page
as I scroll. Or how to make that value on a toolbar.
Someway that I can see the total from anywhere on the
sheet I have other then a freeze pain way.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just another idea. You didn't say which version you have. In Excel XP, one
can bring up the worksheet "Watch" window. You can add the cell in question
to this Watch Window and have it available no matter what sheet you are on.
It's designed for this purpose. :) HTH.

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP