Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Ignoring Zeros - Pie Chart - Excel 2003

I am trying to create a pie chart using basic, but changing data (sometimes
the value can be zero)
When it is zero, I do not want it to show

Blue 0
Red 2
Green 6
Yellow 0
Pink 4

I am trying to get it to show a pie chart with 'only' three entries (Red,
Green, Pink) and ignore the others.
However, next time I run it then green may be 0, and I would not want that
to show

If that makes any sense at all to anyone

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

One way would be to create a "helper" column with the following formula

=if(A1=0,NA(),A1)

And use the helper column in your series.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Tony" wrote:

I am trying to create a pie chart using basic, but changing data (sometimes
the value can be zero)
When it is zero, I do not want it to show

Blue 0
Red 2
Green 6
Yellow 0
Pink 4

I am trying to get it to show a pie chart with 'only' three entries (Red,
Green, Pink) and ignore the others.
However, next time I run it then green may be 0, and I would not want that
to show

If that makes any sense at all to anyone

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Barb

I have tried this but it still brings in all the data...

Any other ideas

Cheers

Tony

"Tony" wrote:

I am trying to create a pie chart using basic, but changing data
(sometimes
the value can be zero)
When it is zero, I do not want it to show

Blue 0
Red 2
Green 6
Yellow 0
Pink 4

I am trying to get it to show a pie chart with 'only' three entries (Red,
Green, Pink) and ignore the others.
However, next time I run it then green may be 0, and I would not want
that
to show

If that makes any sense at all to anyone

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I think I misunderstood your request before. I'm not sure how I'd do it.
If I come up with a way, I'll get back to you.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Tony" wrote:

I am trying to create a pie chart using basic, but changing data
(sometimes
the value can be zero)
When it is zero, I do not want it to show

Blue 0
Red 2
Green 6
Yellow 0
Pink 4

I am trying to get it to show a pie chart with 'only' three entries (Red,
Green, Pink) and ignore the others.
However, next time I run it then green may be 0, and I would not want
that
to show

If that makes any sense at all to anyone

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This example might help. There's an example file available for download that
illustrates the formulas.

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/...de_zero_values

--
John Mansfield