LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default calculate finishing time if night shift aren't working

I have a spread sheet used for production planning which predicts the finsh time of a job depending on its duration. This works fine but I now have the problem that production is no longer 24 hours so if a 12 hour job starts at 15:00, no work will be done between 21:00 and 06:00 (9 hours) so it will finish at 12:00 noon on the following day.
Is there a formula that will add 9 hours to the duration if the calculated finish time falls during the night shift?

Thanks in anticipation
Martin
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default calculate finishing time if night shift aren't working

If your start time is in A2, duration in B2, night shift start time in C$2, night shift finish time in D$2:
Finish time would be =A2+B2+IF(A2+B2C$2,MOD(D$2-C$2,1))
--
David Biddulph

"Martin B" wrote in message ...
I have a spread sheet used for production planning which predicts the finsh time of a job depending on its duration. This works fine but I now have the problem that production is no longer 24 hours so if a 12 hour job starts at 15:00, no work will be done between 21:00 and 06:00 (9 hours) so it will finish at 12:00 noon on the following day.
Is there a formula that will add 9 hours to the duration if the calculated finish time falls during the night shift?

Thanks in anticipation
Martin