Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd1

Default Pivot tables with zero/null values

I have a pivot table that hits a database each day that shows daily
transaction activity. The activity could have values from zero to several
hundred. I want to graph the activity by day. How do I get a pivot table to
show ZERO if there was no activity? Right now, it is null and therefor skips
the day with no activity and the graph never shows the zero amount. See
example below:

Current (not what I'm trying to do)
3/1 17
3/2 4
3/4 72
3/5 21

Desired
3/1 17
3/2 4
3/3 0
3/4 72
3/5 21
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Group the date field by Days, and turn on the option to Show items with
no data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd1

Debra:

When I do this, all the dates show up as 2-Jan 3-Jan 4-Jan. I try
formatting the numbers and they will not format to "Wednesday, January 2".
Any suggestions?

Todd1 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Todd1" wrote in message
Debra:

When I do this, all the dates show up as 2-Jan 3-Jan 4-Jan. I try
formatting the numbers and they will not format to "Wednesday, January 2".
Any suggestions?

Format Cells/ Custom:
dddd, mmmm d
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd1

It will not change. I try formating the column, and the pivot table and
cannot get it to move off the 3-jan