Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hsg hsg is offline

Default paste to different rows on different dates

I want to update sheet1 every day with row data. Each row means one day.
The data which is to be pasted in today (say row10), comes from
Sheet2(say B2:H2). This data (B2:H2) gets updated during working hours,
and I have final figures at the end of day.
Once I have final figures, I want to paste them into Sheet1 every day,
in a manner that if today's data goes to row10, tomorrow's data should
go to row11, and so on.
Column A in sheet1 contains date.

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the following code :

Sub test()
With Sheets("Sheet1")
.[A65000].End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Date
[Sheet2!B2:H2].Copy .[A65000].End(xlUp).Offset(, 1)
End With
End Sub

HTH
Daniel

I want to update sheet1 every day with row data. Each row means one day.
The data which is to be pasted in today (say row10), comes from
Sheet2(say B2:H2). This data (B2:H2) gets updated during working hours,
and I have final figures at the end of day.
Once I have final figures, I want to paste them into Sheet1 every day,
in a manner that if today's data goes to row10, tomorrow's data should
go to row11, and so on.
Column A in sheet1 contains date.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hsg hsg is offline

Is it possible to restrict use of the macro which u gave for only once in a
calender date. I mean, if I have already used it to update today's data, it
should not be activated again on same date. If someone tried to do it again,
can it say b poping up a message box and say, it is already done (or whatever
message i would like to print on it)?
"hsg" wrote:

Works ! :-)

Thanks