Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Sheets (Need to create 500 individual sheets in one workbook, pulling DATA

ok, this is the best way i can describe my question. i have a workbook
that has 2 sheets.
Sheet 1 : client database. (Name,Address,Phone,loan amount,date,
etc...)
Sheet 2 : Client evaluation/scenario ( something similar to a loan
calc. )

What I am trying to accomplish is, create 5000 worksheets that pull
data from sheet 1. To do this page by page would take weeks. How can
I create these sheets so that each new page pulls the information from
the defaulting line? For example

Sheet 1 : Database = 20 column 1-20
Sheet 2 : Pulls Data from Column 1
Sheet 3 : Pulls Data from Column 2
Sheet 4 : Pulls Data from Column 3
Sheet 5 : Pulls Data from Column 4
etc

This would allow me to print my database with individual scenarios for
each client.
PLEASE HELP. Microsoft has given me the runaround and suggests I setup
an account for software support. This cannot be that difficult.

--
Amaxwell
Amaxwell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37631

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Creating 5000 separate worksheets would be wasteful to say the least.
A better way would be to create a template form and use a formula like
VLOOKUP to display the data in the fields you want by entering the name,
account number or whatever in a specified cell on that sheet. That way you
would only need one extra sheet.
Regards,
Alan.
"Amaxwell" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

im not sure how vlookup works. How would you use that if i wanted to
print 500 individual worksheets from Sheet 1

--
Amaxwell
Amaxwell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37631
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572481

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out VLOOKUP in Help to get the general idea, post back if you're not
sure of the method,
Regards,
Alan.
"Amaxwell" wrote in
message ...

im not sure how vlookup works. How would you use that if i wanted to
print 500 individual worksheets from Sheet 1

--
Amaxwell
Amaxwell's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572481

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

In same NG, I posted an some guidelines how to display data according
selected conditions from a master sheet - look at thread "Automatically
updating worksheets from a master worksheet" by Nlevans at 04.07.2006.
Probably you get some ideas from there

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Amaxwell" wrote in
message ...