Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add Constraint - "Solver:

hello community

can someone please explain to me how to use the "bin" and what does "bin"
stands for, is it "binary" - in the Add Constraints dialog box when I use the
"Solver" feature in excel.

There are five constraints,

<=
=
=

Int
Bin

only the last one, "Bin", which I do not understand what is it use for.

thanks community for the kind assistance :)

everybody with Good Health :)
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

oldLearner57 -

"Bin" is typically used to constrain changing cells to binary values: 0
(zero) or 1 (one).

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"tikchye_oldLearner57" wrote
in message ...
hello community

can someone please explain to me how to use the "bin" and what does "bin"
stands for, is it "binary" - in the Add Constraints dialog box when I use
the
"Solver" feature in excel.

There are five constraints,

<=
=
=

Int
Bin

only the last one, "Bin", which I do not understand what is it use for.

thanks community for the kind assistance :)

everybody with Good Health :)
--
oldLearner57

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tikchye_oldLearner57 wrote:
hello community

can someone please explain to me how to use the "bin" and what does
"bin" stands for, is it "binary" - in the Add Constraints dialog box
when I use the "Solver" feature in excel.

There are five constraints,

<=
=
=

Int
Bin

only the last one, "Bin", which I do not understand what is it use
for.

thanks community for the kind assistance :)

everybody with Good Health :)

Bin stays for binary. It should mean that the constraint cell can assume
only 0 (false) or 1 (true) value...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.