Domenic

Default Counting groups exact case numbers

See your other post/thread.

In article ,
"*Jarom*" wrote:

The only problem I have with this formula is that it only works when there
are case numbers exactly in the range given. I need to use the range of an
entire column, top to bottom, so that as case numbers (numerical or
alpha-numerical) get added to the list the formula will count the different
case numbers (ongoing) and not count the duplicate ones. If this makes sense.
Dude, you're awesome, or are you
female? anyway, can this be done?

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

Try:
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(MATCH(B1:B10,B1:B10,0),MATCH(B1: B10,B1:B10,0))0,1))

tj

"*Jarom*" wrote:

I need to know how I can write a formula to count a very big list of
numbers
and return the total number of numbers that are different in the list.
For
example:
CAH8800719
CAH8800718
CAH8800718
CAH8800717
FJG8800719
FJG8800715
CAH8800719
FJG8800715
As you can see there are 8 case numbers in this list but of those 8 there
are
only 5 different case numbers. So if I had a list of several hundred or
thousand case numbers like the ones above, and many of them had
duplicates
somewhere in the list, how can I get excel to give me a total number of
all
the similar case numbers?
I can use the following formula if the case numbers are only numeral:
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A:A,A:A)0,1))
but this only works if the case numbers are strictly numerical, how can I
accomplish the same thing if some case numbers are numerical and some
include
letters? plz help.

Expand AllCollapse All