Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default XL 2007 - Out of Memory - memory leak/bug?

Quite often I get a message in XL2007 that states that there is not enough
memory to display properly (or something like that). It seems that if Excel
remains idle for a period of time, then the issue occurs. I get the out of
memory error. If there is a spreadsheet open at the time, I try closing all
open spreadsheets (but not Excel) and I still get the error attempting to
open any Excel file. If I close Excel and reopen it without closing any
other applications, then the spreadsheet will open without issue. I have,
however, tried closing all open applications when this error occurs, with
the exception of Excel, and the error remains. I have to close Excel and
reopen it in order for the error not to occur. To me this indicates a memory
leak or bug of some sort directly within Excel 2007. This does not occur on
the other versions of Excel, inclucing 2003, 2002, and 2000.

Any ideas out there.
Thanks.
Paul